Services of your health insurance in the Physikarium
The Physikarium is a recognised treatment centre, this means that within the scope of the alternative doctor agreement various insurers may refund part of the costs.
Reimbursable treatments are basically all hydrotherapies with sulphur or saltwater, remedial exercises, medical massages, electrotherapies, physiotherapies, saltwater mud packs, saltwater inhalations, for certain illnesses or insurers special massages are covered (e.g. lymph drainage).
You need a medical prescription for:
- all hydrotherapies with sulphur or saltwater, remedial exercises, medical massages, electrotherapies, physiotherapies, saltwater mud packs, saltwater inhalations, saltwater underwater therapies
For the following treatments you don’t need a medical prescription:
- all wellbeing treatments, classic massages, reflexology massages, acupuncture massage (APM), tuina massage, ortho-bionomy, connective tissue massage.
For self-pay patients the following applies:
- You can obtain this from your general practitioner, consultant, spa doctor or a doctor in a hospital outpatient clinic.
- Subject to authorisation by the health insurance fund, you can then commence treatment immediately (or upon receipt of the authorisation). (If you want to be sure of how many and which treatments you are allowed to have, obtain authorisation from your insurer before your therapy starts).
- The treatments will be scheduled at reception and are payable in advance (according to the treatment schedule).
- After your last treatment you will receive a complete and precise invoice from us that you can submit to your insurer together with your prescription.
Treatments, that can be prescribed:
- OÖ GKK (Upper Austrian regional health fund): 3 x 6 treatments per prescription
- BVA with prior approval 3 x 10 treatments per quarter
- Teachers (LKUF): please visit the LKUF-website for detailled information www.lkuf.at.
- KFG: Three times within a 5-year period currently a lump sum (currently € 1.155,00) will be assumed
- SVA: 3 x 10 treatments per prescription
Direct settlement agreements have been concluded with the following health funds (duration: 3-weeks minimum)
- BVA - in case of hotel reservation in our Hotel Royal****
- BSA - in case of reservation in KOV- Kur- und Erholungsheim Bad Ischl
Additional and more detailed information can be obtained from your respective insurance institution!
Despite taking every care we cannot accept responsibility for the correctness of this information! Status January 2018