Botanica park: recreational area in Bad Schallerbach
The 22 hectare Botanica park opened 2009. The Upper Austria state garden show captivated about 360.000 visitors with a number of sensational attractions and floristic feats – many of which remain an appealing attraction in the park of Bad Schallerbach thermal spa. Botanica park is a refuge for joggers, walkers and families with children yearning for the joy of discovery with free entry.
Children farm, forest playground and chemist’s garden
Start your exploration tour through Botanica park on the 2.6 km long round walk with a carpet of flowers, various plants and the panoramic observation platform including suspension bridge and spiral slide for children. Discover the lovingly laid out garden areas:
- Chemist’s garden with more than 100 medicinal plants
- Meditation garden with shady meadow dome
- Viennese rose garden: flowerage and perfume from June to September
- Water gardens: stone fog garden, spa garden and sulphur spring garden
- Idyllic lily pond for romantics
- Natural pond with jungle path for little and big explorers
- Forest playground for children with suspension bridge, tree swings and climbing playground
- Children farm with small animal compound and hay barn (note opening hours! 5 May - 10 July Saturday and Sunday, 11 July - 11 September daily, 11:00 - 18:00)
- Hedge maze for fun games of hide-and-seek
In order to keep you from losing track in the park of Bad Schallerbach thermal spa, here’s the plan of the park to download!